Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Today I am thankful for..."

I started to do the "today I am thankful for..." on FB and it's only day two. It said the more days you do it the harder it gets. Yesterday was like a freebie because it was veterans day,so of course, I was thankful for them and those men & women serving today. Today I was thankful for my sons, even though Connor woke me before 4 am, and Connor& Caden expect me to make 50 "churkey" cookies for their classes the week of Thanksgiving, but it's going to be hard to find all the ingredients needed since they take autumn candies and now all the stores have moved into Christmas....Maybe the boys will end up with some festive (red & green) "churkey" cookies. I really love doing all the little things to make my boys happy, even if it means running all over town looking for ingredients!

ok, so I got off on another thought, back to the "Today I am thankful for..." thing... I already think it is hard, and it is only day two. Not that I don't have a long list of things I am thankful for but, I feel as if I have to explain why I am thankful for the things that I am. And in that, I find it hard to write the words in that little status box and try to get them right, the whole time feeling as if they are about to be judged. It's really kinda hard just putting it all out there, ya know? and the status box is such limitation. one that I am sometimes happy for, but still a limitation all the same. On the other hand, to write the the reasons makes you think more about why your thankfull and in turn you appreciate it so much more.

FYI - "churkey" is the adorable way Cade says turkey. I have always loved this.

No comments:

Post a Comment